At the end of the last session, the party had returned to Ratik after learning from the dragon Vesicwyr the identity of the shadowy figure behind the recent spate of attacks on Ratik: the death knight Monduiz Dephaar.
This news is not yet commonly known by the populace; the Swordlords guessing (probably correctly) that such news could spark panic amongst the populace. But such a dire threat must be countered, and thus the Swordlords cast about for some weapon, device or stratagem to aid them in their defence against Lord Monduiz Dephaar and his shadowy master, the dread demon lord Demogorgon.
Sadly, the Heroes of the Loftwood and their companions are too high profile for such a quest — the enemy knows them or at least their reputations and their disappearance would likely be noticed in Lord Dephaar’s dismal castle perched deep in the eastern Blemu Hills. (Also, they’ll be dealing with their own problems when we return to their story…)
Enter the PCs. As fledgling adventurers of good standing they have been surruptiously chosen for what seems like an innocuous task of small importance. What they discover, however, will propel them into an epic quest across the eastern Flanaess to recover the seven parts of an ancient Flan artifact with the power to weaken the link between Lord Dephaar and his master.
Shattered Star Adventure Path
The focus of this campaign within a campaign is the Shattered Star adventure path from Paizo, which I’ll be modifying to better fit Ratik and Greyhawk. Unlike the main stream of the campaign, the Shattered Star will use the medium advancement track. While I much prefer the slow advancement track, the Shattered Star is written with the medium advancement track in mind, and I really don’t want to have to modify every encounter. The point of using an adventure path (after all) is reduce my prep time to manageable levels!
- Aq Quyonlu (LG male human paladin [Heironeous] 5)
- Grooble Fizzlebottom III (LG male gnome cleric [Baravan Wildwanderer] 5)
- Kara Quyonlu (N female human sorcerer [undead] 5)
- Morden Cortez (CG male human fighter 4)
- Narfu Shalmstaff (LN male half-orc monk 2/rogue 1/druid 2)
- Nok (LN male half-orc wizard [transmuter] 4)
- Tristham Spicer (LG male human paladin [Heironeous] 4)
- Zainnis Wilmatyn (CG male human ranger 5)
- Nylond Axeheart (NG male dwarf cleric [Muamman Duathal] 1): Slain by mites below the Crow piling.
- Quinell (NG female elf bard 3): Slain by aquatic sinspawn deep below the Crow piling
Use the links below to keep up with our adventures.
Shards of Sin
- Shattered Star #1: A Beginning (25 February 2015)
- Shattered Star #2: Into Underbridge (4 March 2015)
- Shattered Star #3: A Desperate Battle (11 March 2015)
- Shattered Star #4: Into the Crow (18 March 2015)
- Shattered Star #5: Heroic Explorations (25 March 2015)
- Shattered Star #6: Defeat & Retreat (1 April 2015)
- Shattered Star #7: Fall of the Tower Girls (8 April 2015)
- Shattered Star #8: Passing Beyond the Doors (15 April 2015)
- Shattered Star #9: Skirting Disaster (22 April 2015)
- Shattered Star #10: Death and Glory (29 April 2015)
- Shattered Star #11: Delving Deeper (6 May 2015)
- Shattered Star #12: What Goes Up… (13 May 2015)
- Shattered Star #13: A Devilish Time… (20 May 2015)
- Shattered Star #14: All Devils Must Die (27 May 2015)
- Shattered Star #15: Fire & Water (2 June 2015)
- Shattered Star #16: A Watery Grave (9 June 2015)
- Shattered Star #17: Revenge (16 June 2015)
- Shattered Star #18: The Blue Dwarves! (1 July 2015)
- Shattered Star #19: The Second Shard (8 July 2015)
- Shattered Star: Where Lies the Third Shard?
- Shattered Star #20: An Unexpected Storm (22 July 2015)
- Shattered Star #21: Decisions, Decisions (29 July 2015)
- Shattered Star #22: Into the Sunless Grove (9 September 2015)
- Shattered Star #23: Keepers Revealed (16 September 2015)
- Shattered Star #24: Realm of Madness (23 September 2015)
- Shattered Star #25: Everything’s Worse With Tentacles (30 September 2015)
- Shattered Star #26: Tentacles, Defeated (7 October 2015)
- Shattered Star #27: Warvil’s Folly (14 October 2015)
- Shattered Star #28: Nature’s Return (21 October 2015)
- Shattered Star #29: Chaos & Confusion (4 November 2015)
Curse of the Lady’s Light
- Shattered Star #30: Into the Mire (11 November 2015)
- Shattered Star #31: Fire & Death (18 November 2015)
Below appears a list of notable NPCs with which the party have had contact. As the campaign develops, so this list will grow.
- Ayala Javeski (female wererat human): Leader of the Tower Girls, Ayala escaped the Crow by extracting promises from the party that they would let her go free without hindrance.
- Fester the Blight (male human): An odious, disease-ridden slum landlord living in Underbridge. Dislikes Nylond intensely as the dwarf tried to kill him.
- Shel Heidmarch (female human): A retired adventuring who owns Heidmarch Manor in the Alabaster District. Hired the PCs to find Natalya Vancaskerkin. Known to move among Marner’s elite and to have great influence among the great and the good.
- Koriah Azmeren (female half-elf): A famed adventurer; friend or acquaintance of Shel Heidmarch.
- Natalya Vancaskerkin (female human): One-time street informer for Shel Heidmarch and member of the Tower Girls, Natalya was driven mad by the Shard of Pride. Found lurking in a dilapidated building in Underbridge she was defeated by the PCs and returned to Shel Heidmarch’s custody.
- The Amazing Zograthy (male human): Street denizen and Harrow card reader, the Amazing Zograthy is also a pesh addict.
- Markessa (female human): Captain of the Mermaid’s Mistress.
- Maroux (female half-orc) Crotchety hermit living near the Lady’s Light.