This is my personal blog. You’ll find posts here on several different subjects:
- Session summaries for my Borderland of Adventure campaign.
- Gaming advice articles.
- Announcements and discussions regarding my publishing company, Raging Swan Press.
Also you can take a look inside my toolbox (updated December 2015) to what I use in my gaming and publishing endeavours. Also, in the posts below I highlight various tools I find particularly useful:
More About Me
- 1 Overlooked High-Level Classic TSR Adventure You Should Run
- 2 More Overlooked Classic TSR Modules You Should Run
- 4 Overlooked Classic TSR Modules You Should Run
- 5 iOS Apps that Help Me Run My Campaign
- Festive High-Level Slaughterfest
- How I Converted Kingmaker to the World of Greyhawk
- I Believe…
- I Just Culled My Gaming Collection
- Living the Old Gamer Dream With B2
- Mine is Conan vs. Cthulhu in a Megadungeon (What’s Yours?)
- My 2018 Gaming Resolutions
- My Campaign Bucket List
- My Characters: Aune Vainikaienen
- My Characters: Nark (the Archmage)
- My Characters: Namtar Eridu (The Shadowed One)
- My Favourite Dungeon Map
- My First Character
- My First Game
- My Freelance Journey
- My Greatest Gaming Memory
- My Top Posts of 2015
- People Say I’m Boring, But…
- The Coolest Figure Holder in the World
- The Surprising Habit That Makes Me a Better Gamer, Publisher & Designer
- The Two Reasons I Love Resource Management
- What Gaming Has Done For Me
- What Old School Means to Me
- Why I’m Grateful for my Gaming Group
- Why I Started Raging Swan Press
I’ve recently got interested in mapping again. I’m not very good, but here are a selection of my mapping attempts.
Find below extracts from some of books I have published through Raging Swan Press:
I am a keen gamer who passionately believes in the Open Gaming License and is dedicated to making my games as fun and easy to enjoy as possible for all participants. Reducing or removing entry barriers, simplifying pre-game prep and easing the GM’s workload are the key underpinning principles of the products I release through Raging Swan Press.
I started roleplaying a few days before my 10th birthday when my older cousin introduced me and my sister to Basic Dungeons & Dragons. My sister died a horrible death (chortle), but I survived my battle with the Black Prince. (Looking back on it, the dungeon was riddled with clichés!) The very next day, I purchased the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Player’s Handbook and my long journey into the deep recesses of geekdom was well underway.
The next few years were fairly typical for a young gamer: rainbow coloured dragons, 1,000,000d6 lightning bolts (the DM didn’t like me), killing everything in Deities & Demigods and some very high-level characters (all totally, 100% legal played from 1st-level). Amongst the carnage, I fell in love with the Greyhawk setting and in 1999 (just sixteen short years later) I wrote my first freelance module (Shadows Under Scant, for the RPGA). Getting involved with Living Greyhawk was inevitable and I became a Triad member for the UK shortly before the release of 3rd Edition. Membership of the Circle of Six quickly followed as did several articles for Dragon Magazine and Dungeon Magazine. For the next six years, I busily slaughtered countless Living Greyhawk characters while writing many Core and Core Special events for the campaign.
During this time, I landed my first freelance writing gigs for Expeditious Retreat Press, Paizo and Wizards of the Coast. My work has included contributions to several 3.5 and 4e hardbacks, supplements, adventures and a few adventures in the on-line Dungeon.
In 2010, I launched Raging Swan Press. Dedicated to producing reasonably priced, quality, easy to run products for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Raging Swan Press enables me to share stories and create engaging, dynamic adventures and situations while dodging a proper job. I pledge that none of my products will ever feature rainbow dragons or 1,000,000d6 lightning bolts.
I live in Torquay, England where, apparently, the palm trees are plastic and the weather is warm. I share a ramshackle old mansion with my two children (“Genghis” and “Khan”) and my patient wife. Famed for my unending love affair with booze and pizza I am an enduring GREYHAWK fan.
Work Of Which I’m Particularly Proud
I’ve designed, collaborated on or published loads of stuff over the years. I’m particularly proud of the products listed below:
- GM’s Miscellany: 20 Things Volume I (Raging Swan Press)
- Retribution Collector’s Edition (Raging Swan Press)
- Shadowed Keep on the Borderlands (Raging Swan Press)
- Madness at Gardmore Abbey (Wizards of the Coast)
- Legacy of Darkness (Expeditious Retreat Press)
- Plague (Expeditious Retreat Press)
- The Lonely Coast (Raging Swan Press)
I also read all the comments posted here on my blog.