Zounds! It’s the last Cool Words for Gamers!
Last week, I tackled the “w” words. This week, in our final instalment I polish off the rest of the alphabet
- Xanthous relating to, or designating races with yellowish hair and light complexion
- Yare ready; dextrous; eager
- Yemeles careless, negligent
- Yethhounds a pack of phantom hounds pursuing a lady
- Yetter a caster of metal
- Zaftig having a full rounded figure; pleasingly plump
- Zenith the highest point; the point on the celestial sphere vertically above an observer
- Ziggurat a type of rectangular temple, tower or tiered mound
- Zounds a mild oath indicting surprise, indignation
More Cool Words?
Do you know other cool, but odd, words beginning with the letters X, Y or Z? If you do, share them in the comments below and add to your fellow gamers’ vocabulary!
One thought on “Cool Words for Gamers: Xanthous – Zounds”
In Heraldry, a chess rook in known as a Zule.
Also, Zythum is ancient Egyptian beer