People used to say I was sad and boring because I spent so much time gaming. But, gaming is awesome…
I’ve been gaming for over thirty years and in that time I’ve enjoyed countless hours of fun with my chums. I’ve run hundreds of gaming sessions and played in hundreds more. Several experiences stand out from all the others. I have:
- Crept unseen through the halls of the hill giant chieftain.
- Explored the Vault of the Drow and walked Erelhei-Cinlu’s benighted precincts.
- Slain the Spider Queen.
- Faced down and killed Oonga (twice).
- Crushed the demi-lich Acererak beneath a Daern’s instant fortress.
- Cleansed the Moathouse of its bandit infestation.
- Released (and then killed) the demoness Zuggtmoy.
- Seen a great wyrm slain with a single well-placed arrow in the first round of combat.
- Defeated the smugglers of Saltmarsh.
- Escaped Sakatha the Lizard King’s clutches, when most of my fellows did not by fleeing through three dungeons levels without a map.
- Successfully defended the Pass of Adlerweg from a hobgoblin army.
- Survived an exploration of a certain Forgotten Temple.
- Escaped the Slave Lord’s dungeons with little more than my wits (and a fetching loincloth).
And best of all, I’ve done all the above in the company of good friends!
What have you done?
What’s your most memorable gaming memory? Let me know, in the comments below.