Over at Raging Swan’s website, I’ve been posting up a Daily NPC ready for use in virtually any GM’s campaign, and I thought you might like to take a look!
March’s theme is Travellers on the Road. Behold:
- Arumric and Lunderee: The halfling pedlars Arumric (N male halfling) and Lunderee Isskep (NG female halfling) are in the midst of a good-natured argument, when they encounter the PCs. Meet Arumric and Lunderee.
- Home of the Ihalempi: Just visible from the trail, the moss-covered shingle roof of a dilapidated old building peaks over a stand of thickly growing trees filling a small dell. A thin wisp of smoke drifts from the building’s chimney, betraying the presence of inhabitants. Once the home of a charcoal burner, the current occupiers, the Ihalempi family, make a living as hunters and trappers. The family earns a little extra coin letting travellers sleeping their barn; some of the travellers never leave the farmstead again. Visit the Ihalempi.
- Patrolling Men-at-Arms: The local lord sends patrols of soldiers up and down the road to keep it safe for travelling merchants and the like. (Robbed or murdered merchants tend to pay fewer taxes than unmolested ones). Meet the men-at-arms.
- Timo Hopea (N middle-aged male human cleric [Behron] 3) wanders the trails of Ashlar communing with his god and spreading word of the Farwanderer. Meet Timo.
- Family Ehatro: Matias Ehtaro is a master stonemason, much in demand among the nobility and the wealthy. Matias goes where the work is, and when the PCs encounter him, he is on the way to another job. Meet the Ehatros.
- Wandering Mercenaries: A quartet of mercenaries seeks work in a nearby town. Recently having finished an easy job with a local merchant they want another such post. Meet the four.
- Wandering Sellswords: Ostensibly sellswords in search of an employer these two warriors are in reality scouts for a local bandit gang watching for easy pickings on the road. Meet the dastardly duo.
- Riderless Horse: Chestnut (N female horse) trots down the road having just escaped a nasty encounter; her rider was not so fortunate. Meet Chestnut.
- Iisak Vartia (CG male human ranger 1) has nowhere to go and all day to get there. Meet Iisak.
- Joosef Kupias (N male human fighter 2) pitifully begs by the side of the road. His deeply cowled hood and the bell hanging around his neck alerts all nearby that Joosef is a leper. Meet Joosef.
- Heta Tapo (LN female human fighter 1) hurtles down the road on a fleet horse, intent on delivering the message with which she has been entrusted. (Briefly) meet Heta.
- Esteri Sotijalo (AL female human) loves her dog—Patch—who is the only family she has left. Meet Esteri.
- Ambro Tiera (N middle-aged male human) travels to live with his brother after being kicked out of the family home by his wife who has found a younger, more dynamic, partner. Meet Ambro.
- Feradul Aralivar (N male half-elf bard 2) claims to be related to the legendary bard and pirate captain Vilimzair Aralivar and constantly tells tales of his heroic progenitor’s exploits. Meet Feradul.
- Albin Ihamuoto (NE middle-aged male human rogue 1/wizard 1) works as a rag and bone man, wandering between Ashlar’s settlements collecting broken, unwanted things—rags, broken furniture, bones and the like. Meet Albin.
- Aleksi Kuutamo and his Angels: Aleksi Kuutamo (N old male human cleric 3) makes what many consider to be mad prophesies which are little more the ravings of a lunatic. Meet Aleksi and his angels.
- Ambro Hellikki (CE male human fighter 2) flees just punishment for murder by getting as far away from his home as possible. Meet Ambro.
- Aake Hämäläinen (LN middle-aged male human) runs a small haulage business. For a fee, he’ll transport you or your goods to any settlement in Ashlar. Meet Aake.
- Ruin of Adventure: These two warriors have served the Company of the Spear for the last month. A week ago, the company ventured into an old barrow mound hidden deep in the woods; they have not been seen since. Meet the pair.
- Eufrosyne Airikka (N middle-aged female human druid 2) wanders the land communing with nature and the animals she encounters. Meet Eufrosyne.
Want all these NPCs–and a few more not released on the site–in one handy PDF?
Sign up to Raging Swan’s Patreon campaign before Friday morning and get the PDF once I’ve completed final layout and fine-tuning.