This week, I offer a lopeholt to those who enjoy lucubrations regarding cool words for gamers…
Last week, I tackled the “K” words. This week, we hurl ourselves into the L’s!:
- Labile unstable, liable to change
- Lambent flickering softly over a surface; glowing with soft radiance
- Landcheap a fine paid to the lord of a manor when leaving his land
- Languid drooping or flagging; sluggish in character or disposition; lacking force or quickness of movement
- Legerdemain sleight of hand
- Leman paramour, lover
- Lennow flabby, limp
- Leprously having leprosy; relating to or resembling leprosy
- Lesion scratch, cut, bruise, abrasion or sore
- Lickerish greedy, desirous; lecherous
- Lickspigot one who fawns or behaves in a servile manner; also lickspittle, lickdish
- Limaceous slug-like
- Linkboy a boy that carries a torch to accommodate passengers with light
- Lithe bending readily; pliant; limber; supple; flexible
- Lopeholt a refuge or place of safety
- Lordswike a person who deceives their lord; a traitor
- Lubricity lasciviousness, lewdness, oiliness
- Lucifugous avoiding daylight
- Lucubration laborious intellectual effort
- Lucubration laborious work, study, thought etc.
- Luculent clear in thought or expression
- Lupine having the characteristics of a wolf
- Lurdane dull and lazy
- Lustration ritual purification by ceremonial washing or sacrifice
More Cool Words?
Do you know other cool, but odd, words beginning with the letter “L”? If you do, share them in the comments below and add to your fellow gamers’ vocabulary!
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.