It is with great ug I approach this week’s utile words.
Last week, I tackled the “T” words. This week, we hurl ourselves into the Us and Vs!:
- Ug fear, dread
- Uliginous growing in muddy, oozy or swampy places; slimy, muddy
- Ululation howling or wailing
- Umbral shade, shadow; a phantom or shadowy apparition
- Uncouth strange or clumsy in shape or appearance; lacking in polish or grace; awkward and uncultivated in appearance, manner or behaviour; rude
- Ustulate scorched
- Usury the practise of loaning money at an exorbitant rate of interest
- Utile useful
- Vainglory boastfulness or vanity
- Vapid bereft of strength, sharpness, flavour etc.; boring or dull
- Vapulation flogging
- Variegated having discrete markings of different colours; various, diverse, varied
- Varlet low, menial scoundrel
- Vaticination prediction; act of prophesying
- Vecke an old woman
- Vellication a twitching or convulsive movement
- Veneficial acting by poison or poisoning; acting by or used in witchcraft or sorcery, as for instance a witch’s brew
- Venenate to poison
- Venery sexual indulgence
- Verisimilitude the appearance of being true
- Vermicular resembling a worm in form or motion; of, relating to, or caused by worms
- Verminous of, or relating to, or caused by vermin; infested with vermin
- Vitious corrupt; wicked, vicious; opposite of virtuous
- Vituperate to abuse or censure severely or abusively
- Vulnerary used for or useful in healing wounds
More Cool Words?
Do you know other cool, but odd, words beginning with the letter “U” or “V”? If you do, share them in the comments below and add to your fellow gamers’ vocabulary!
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.