Once again, it’s time for some odd and archaic word “perfect” for use at the gaming table! (Assuming you want to terrorise or baffle your fellow players!) This week: baetyl – bulse…
Last week, in the inaugural instalment of this new series of articles I handled the As: Abnormous – Autarchy. This week, I’m hurtling through “B”:
- Baetyl a sacred meteoric stone. These stones were thought to have life and were sometimes set up underneath holy trees.
- Bailiwick The area over which a bailiff has jurisdiction
- Balderdash stupid or illogical talk
- Baleful harmful, menacing or vindictive
- Bangstry masterful violence
- Beek to bask in the sun or before a fire
- Bellibone a lovely maiden; a pretty lass
- Benighted either lacking in cultural, moral or intellectual enlightenment; being overtaken by night
- Blonke a large, powerful horse
- Blutter to blurt out
- Bole trunk of a tree
- Bombast pretentious inflated speech or writing
- Brangle to squabble or brawl
- Brool a low, deep humming; a murmur
- Bucolic of the countryside or country life; rustic
- Bulse a package of diamonds or gold dust
More Cool Words?
Do you know other cool, but odd, words beginning with the letter B? If you do, share them in the comments below and add to your fellow gamers’ vocabulary!