Here is an index of all the Freelance Advice articles I have published.
Be Awesome at Freelance Game Design
If you are an aspiring freelance game designer, check it out!
Books & Resources
- A Peak Inside Creighton’s Toolbox (Great Tools for Freelancers & Publishers)
- Great Books to Read to Make You a Better Freelancer
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Freelance
- 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Do Freelance Game Design
- Are YOU A Pixie Dust Designer?
- Golden Rules of Freelance Game Design
- Golden Rules of Project Management
- How To Kill Your Career
- How to Level Up
- How to Pitch a Project
- How to Work from Home
- Deep Work, Ulysses, the 700-Word Challenge and Woodridge
- How to be More Productive
- How to Find Inspiration and Make it Work
- It Turns Out Freedom is Really Rather Handy
- One Surprising Resource to Help You Design
Also note, many of the GM Advice articles appearing under the “Design” heading are a handy resource for freelancer designers.