Gary Gygax was a tremendously wise man. As one of the fathers of gaming, he wrote a lot of advice for GMs and players, particularly in the early years of the hobby.
This page collects together some of this wisdom (as well as my own thoughts on the subject).
- Gygax On…A Player’s Most Important Ability
- Gygax On…Cleric Spells
- Gygax On…Duties, Excises, Fees, Tariffs, Taxes, Tithes and Tolls
- Gygax On…Henchmen & Hirelings
- Gygax On…How Players Play Skilfully
- Gygax On…Preparing Modules
- Gygax On…Rules Lawyers
- Gygax On…Saving Characters
- Gygax On…The Nature and Variety of Challenge
- Gygax On…Tracking Time in the Campaign
- Gygax On…Treasure