Cracking through August’s release schedule is the plan this week, at Global HQ.
This week, I’ve got a fair few short(ish) tasks to achieve. In no particular order I’ll be working on the following projects:
- August Web Pages: I need to create web pages for August’s products: Village Backdrop: Vulcanbridge, Subterranean Enclave: Mith’Varal, GM’s Monthly Miscellany: August 2014 and Urban Dressing: Mining Town.
- Village Backdrop: Vulcanbridge: I’ll be completing my final edits on Mike Welham’s Village Backdrop: Vulcanbridge. I can’t create the final PDF yet as I’m waiting for the village map, but finishing off the edits means the project is all but finished.
- Subterranean Enclave: Mith’Varal: I’ll be completing my final edits on Brian Monster’s Subterranean Enclave: Mith’Varal. I can’t create the final PDF yet as I’m also waiting for this village map. Getting the edits done, though, means that creating the final PDF is the work of moments once I add the map.
- Urban Dressing: Mining Town: I need no map for Josh Vogt’s most recent work which means I’ll be able to completely finish this project in the coming days. Josh’s turnovers are always jolly clean so my final edits shouldn’t take long at all.
- Town Backdrop: Deksport: Last week, I actually got some design time on this book, and it was fun! This week, I’m hoping for more of the same. I’ve got tons left to do on the town and so my plan is to slowly chip away at my target word count. Victory – one paragraph at a time!
- Beginner’s Week: This week, I’ll be posting a series of articles aimed at beginning players and GMs in celebration of my 10-year-old son starting his first campaign this week! He’s been slaving away over his first dungeon for weeks; I hope his chums enjoy it!
And that’s pretty much it for the week. I’m sure other stuff will need doing as well, but as long as I get the above done, I’ll be happy!
The Twilight Demesne
This week, Raging Swan Press released The Twilight Demesne by Robert Brookes
Hidden between the Plane of Shadow and the Material, is a mysterious realm of prophecy and divination wrapped within a forest of light-devouring trees. For untold centuries it has contained a secret, locked away by the enigmatic goddess of light and darkness that wove the very demiplane into being. Terrifying creatures, from cruel kytons to dragons of shadow and wrath, invade this interstitial realm in the hopes of uncovering the goddesses’ lost knowledge. Only those who can survive the midnight labyrinth have a hope of uncovering the secrets of the Twilight Demesne and preventing sinister forces from discovering the truth… whatever it may be.
Demiplanes are short supplements designed to present the time-crunched GM with an entire demiplane ready to easily insert into virtually any home campaign. Perfect as an adventure locale, the lair of a powerful ally or merely somewhere to occasionally visit for any one of a hundred reason, Demiplanes are the perfect resource for GMs looking for something a little bit different for their campaigns.