Something for the weekend, sir? How about some fun, odd words to use in your next gaming session?
Last week we explored cool words for gamers beginning with the letter “B”. This week, we hurl ourselves into the “Cs”:
- Cache a hidden store of provisions, weapons, treasure etc.
- Callithump a noisy, boisterous band or parade
- Callimastian having beautiful, well-shaped breasts
- Calumny the malicious utterance of false charges or misrepresentation
- Canaille the masses; a mob, rabble
- Capacious capable of holding much
- Celerity swiftness, speed
- Chaffer haggle, exchange, barter
- Chamfrain the frontlet of an armed horse for a feudal knight, often engraved with designs
- Cloyer a pickpocket’s accomplice or the one who intrudes into a bunch of thieves to claim a share
- Colloquy a formal conversation or conference
- Concatenate to link together in a series or chain
- Congruous being in agreement, harmony or correspondence; conforming to the circumstances or requirements of a situation; marked or enhanced by harmonious agreement among elements
- Contemn to view or treat with contempt; scorn
- Coruscate to give off or reflect light in bright beams or flashes; sparkle
- Coruscating to emit sparkles of light; sparkle
- Cosh a small cottage, hut
- Coterminous having a common boundary
- Coven a meeting of witches
- Crapulous marked by intemperance especially in eating and drinking; sick from excessive indulgence in liquor
- Croodle to creep close; a faint humming, the low music of birds
- Cuckold a man whose wife has committed adultery
- Cupidity inordinate desire for wealth; avarice, greed; strong desire; lust
- Cyclopean having the kind of masonry used in preclassical Greek architecture, characterised by large undressed blocks of stone
More Cool Words?
Do you know other cool, but odd, words beginning with the letter “C”? If you do, share them in the comments below and add to your fellow gamers’ vocabulary!